Terms & Conditions
POSTaPOSTER Ltd ("POSTaPOSTER") has developed the POSTaPOSTER platform www.postaposter.com for the uploading, narrating and sharing of scientific posters.
You (the "Contributor") are invited to upload your poster(s) to POSTaPOSTER and freely share the narrated poster via the links available on the platform.
By uploading your poster to the POSTaPOSTER platform, you agree to grant POSTaPOSTER a license to archive, display and distribute the poster.
You, the Contributor, warrant that:
- you are either - the sole author or - authorised by all the poster's authors and contributors to upload such posters on our website
- between you and any co-authors or contributors you own all necessary rights to share such posters on the website; and, further, that performance of this agreement does not constitute a breach of, or otherwise violate, any written or verbal understanding or agreement between Author and any third party
- nothing in the poster or its narration shall be plagiarised, nor libellous, offensive, discriminatory or otherwise illegal.
You retain ownership rights to your Content, but by accepting these terms and conditions you grant specific licence rights to POSTaPOSTER and other users of the Service. These are described in the below section: Rights you license.
Rights you license
- A. to POSTaPOSTER, a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable licence (with right to sub-license) to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform that Content in connection with the provision of the Service and otherwise in connection with the provision of the Service, including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part or all of the Service (and derivative works thereof) in any media formats and through any media channels;
- B. to each user of the Service, a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free licence to access your Content through the Service, and to use, distribute, display and perform such Content to the extent permitted by the functionality of the Service and under these Terms.
POSTaPOSTER retains the right to remove a poster from its platform at its sole discretion.
POSTaPOSTER accepts no liability for any content uploaded to its site by Contributors.
You may unregister and remove your narrated posters at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Customer purchases an annual license for use of the system plus a pack of Poster licences entitling its users to upload and narrate posters. Poster licences are also for a 12 month duration and can subsequently be renewed at a reduced rate to retain the narrated poster within the POSTaPOSTER website.
Once a narration has been created and rendered to video, it can subsequently be edited and re-rendered to video without further cost being incurred.
What information do we collect?
Your users are required register before they can upload and narrate their posters. By registering, they provide us with some information about who they are, their work and their area of research interest. This is a one-time registration process, and no further information will be required to have access to the platform.
How do we use this Information?
Information gathered is used in a variety of ways. The first is to build up a demographic profile of our membership, allowing us to better match our content and services to the interests of our members. Obviously, the more accurate the information provided by each member, the better we can do this. For this reason, visitors are encouraged to regularly update their profiles to provide us with the most accurate information possible.
We may disclose your information to other companies in order to ensure the smooth provision of services that you have requested from us. Your data will be principally used to provide you with your registration or other services or facilities. The information is used in our dealings with the third parties that supply us services.
We may also collect information regarding your use of the website via cookies. We use these to monitor the activity of users and share collated, anonymised data about these activities with our sponsors.
Uptime and Backup
POSTaPOSTER commits to 99.9% uptime for recording and editing posters and any necessary maintenance will be conducted outside UK working hours. Processes such as rendering video do not happen in real time and so will be done on a best effort basis.
POSTaPOSTER commits that your data is backed up daily and held in ISO 27001 compliant data centre. Your users will also retain copies of narrations locally on their recording devices.
First line Support will be provided by you, the Customer, based on FAQs provided by POSTaPOSTER.
Second and Third line support will be provided by POSTaPOSTER in UK working hours: 9.30 - 5.30 Mondays - Fridays except UK bank holidays. Access to this support is by email to Support@ POSTaPOSTER.com.
POSTaPOSTER continues to invest in the best quality security available and we do our utmost to protect your privacy. If we decide to change any of the Terms set out here we will notify you by email or with 30 days' notice on the website. Please note that we retain the right to change this policy at any time. If you have any queries regarding this policy or about the way we collect and gather information about users, please contact support@POSTaPOSTER.com.
This agreement constitutes the whole agreement between the parties and shall be governed by English law, and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.